Does proffesional gaming cause any health issues?

Playing video games 8 hours a day cant be healthy.

I don’t think it healthy to sit in front of a screen for 8 hours a day, even when I play games I take breaks get up etc I can’t sit for 8 hours straight...... sedentary , hurts your vision etc

maybe, as we know, proffesional gamer need play the game a long time a day, it's harmful to their eyes, hands and heads, so play video games 8 hours a day is not healthy, I play FIFA games since FIFA 15, I always buy fifa coins on fifacoin.com, though I like playing the game, I will not play it more than 2 hours a day

Professionals don't just sit and play games all day and that's it. They have to take care of their bodies, beingphyscially and mentally unhealthy will destroy their career very quickly.

Would you say there is much difference than sitting at a computer in an office for 8+ hours a day?

A quick search will show you many articles on why keeping fit while playing games professionally is important, such as this - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/shortcuts/2018/o...

• Sam

Anyone playing 8 hours a day had better be taking multiple breaks and at least jogging or working out in middle of day. If you dont you will have all kinds of knee problems and issues by the time you are 40 years old. This is true even with people working desk jobs for their career.

Effects on the eyes certainly. Like an office job. You also risk nerve damage such as carpal, cubital and radial tunnel syndrome.

There’s also a slight chance of getting deep vein thrombosis which is usually the result of blood pooling in the legs from staying in the same position for too long. This is a life threatening problem that can cause sudden death.

If you’re gaming it’s important to stretch and exercise regularly and after ever 20-30 minutes stand up and walk around the house to increase circulation.

But it can have several negative effects on the brain like depression, anxiety etc.

Lack of exercises will bring you some problems