Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 3 months ago

What would it be like having a 13 month old and a 6 week old?

Your best friend wants her first and second babies to be 12 months apart.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Best answer

Having children this close together is unwise for numerous reasons, including the burden on the mother during the second pregnancy with such a young child at home already, the burden of 2 simultaneously in diapers which is more than likely for at 1.5 years, and the substantial mother needs of children up to the age of 3. Not a good idea under any circumstance and completely not needed.

• 2 months ago

I'm about to have an 11 month old and a newborn. So I'll let you know.

• GB
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

It will be hard work while they are babies, but if she plans to be a SAHM, until the youngest starts infant school, then she will have less time when not working . Even if she went back to work when the first one was a baby, it might be worth looking at the economics of having two babies in daycare. On the plus side, a one year old is less likely to be jealous, as they won't remember the younger one not being around.

• mom
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

my oldest son is 42 and my daughter is 41 and I also have another son who is 38 years old. my oldest son and my daughter are 16 months apart and it was a lot of hard work. it was like having twins but you know what? you get threw it.

• mom
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

number one, their is no such thing as luck and number 2 I am not irish

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

My idea of hell.....................

• mikeae
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Changing a whole lot of diapers,

• 3 months ago

Hard on the mothers body to get pregnant so soon after delivery.

• 3 months ago

It's going to be different for everyone. Some people love having kids that close, some hate it. Some handle it well, some don't. Personally, it isn't something I'd deliberately plan but I also don't think it would be awful. If that's what SHE wants, it's up to her. No need to gossip about it online. Besides, her desires don't make it a realistic plan.

• 3 months ago

Having " 2 " Toddlers at this age in the house at the same time could possibly be very time consuming ..... might be best to have some help .

• jlb
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Really stressful and physically demanding. Both kids would need to be held, both would still be waking at night (at least on occasion for the older one), both would need diapers changed. Not to mention getting pregnant 3 months after giving birth would be hell on her body and possibly her health. Pregnancy would decrease her milk supply, so she may not be able to keep nursing the older child and that's assuming she is fertile again so soon after her first pregnancy and birth.

• 3 months ago

Irish twins is what those are called. Will be hectic, for sure, but they will be each other's best friend.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.