If a gay female is a lesbian, what is a gay male?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no male equivalent of the word lesbian, though "gay" is sometimes understood to mean only men.

• 6 months ago

A gay male is gay/homosexual haha. Techincally, lesbians aren't gay- they're lesbian, since gay is a sexuality used especially for mlm while lesbian is the sexuality used especially for wlw. But gay is also just an umbrella term for being attracted to the same sex, that's why you see lots of lesbians/bisexuals use it as well :).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Gay males are often referred to as:

Fairies

Homos

Queens

Sissies

Queers

• 6 months ago

Gross...........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I just looked in the mirror. There isn't a single label anywhere on my body. If God thought we needed labels, he'd have put them on us.

• 6 months ago

Gay. I prefer the term "lesbian" to refer to homosexual women for this reason.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

In both cases they would be called homosexual. Also in both cases it is correct to say a gay person (or gay male/man and gay female/woman). While there is the additional female-specific word lesbian to refer to gay women, there is no male-specific word for a gay man. Usually the word "gay" is understood to be referring to homosexual men as opposed to the word "lesbian" that refers to homosexual women, ie. "gay and lesbian" distinguishing between gay men and gay women.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A gay man, a homosexual - what else did you imagine?

• abcdef
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why are we seeking labels? Aren't we all just human?

• 6 months ago

A gay male. There are plenty of pejorative words but they are unnecessary.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.