j asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 months ago

Is vertigo/dizziness curable/treatable?

LONG TERM CHRONIC DIZZINESS AND VERTIGO. HAD IT FOR COUPLE YEARS.

• Tavy

It is. my Doctor in the UK did the Eply Manouvere, you can see it online, it worked for me.

There are a lot of different causes of vertigo. There's usually something causing too much fluid in the inner ear, which trips a signal in the ear that causes dizziness. In my case, the solution had to do with my allergies. My doctor put me on some nasal sprays. Those were prescription, but are not available over the counter- try Flonase or one of the others. Have you noticed anything that seems to trigger the vertigo? Mine was partly seasonal- caused by pollen, but I'm also allergic to dust mites, so that's year round. There's also a form of vertigo called "positional" that has to do with something in the ear that touches on that trigger point. There are some exercises given on websites- ways of turning the head to move whatever it is away from the trigger point. The doctors I went to really were not much help. I pretty much had to diagnose myself by tracking when I got the spells of vertigo.