Do you wash your feet in the shower?

I discovered today how common it is for people to not wash their feet in the shower. I find this unbelievable. On the rare occasion I forget to wash my feet, they feel sticky/dirty. I can't even pull my socks on. I can't imagine never washing my feet. Do you wash yours?

Yes, I also wash my armpits as well.

• alexis

Nope, never have. Freaks me out to touch them while I'm trying to clean the rest of myself for some reason. Just like I don't wash my hands in the shower. They end up being clean by consequence. Unless my feet are really dirty, then I wash them separately. My feet are always clean too, you don't need to scrub EVERYTHING. Your feet get dirty immediately again anyway.

• Moya

Yes i wash my feet everyday

I got lazy and cheap and bought a rubber stopper for the drain. There is a 4' lip on my shower entry so I put some antibacterial soap in the bottom, turn on the water, and take a shower. The rest of the soap and shampoo makes it down there too. Before the shower overflows, I'm done, my feet are clean and I haven't wasted water with a long shower. Sometimes I'll hit 'em, usually I just let the soap work.

• Mark

I do, especially between the toes. Also behind my ears.

everytime! cmon.. who would not wash their feet when taking shower or bath?

• Zapata

In a shower your feet get washed all the time due to gravity.

I shower twice a day and always wash my feet, often scrubbing really hard. During the summer I wash and scrub my feet more often than that. These days I’m usually wearing Ufos flip flops so my feet are exposed to all sorts of dirty stuff.

I agree that it’s pretty gross that a lot of people don’t wash their feet. That’s probably part of why smelly food fungus is so common.

That being said, foot fungus can be contagious, I got a really nasty one from some slippers I tried on. The only time I’ve ever had a problem with anything like that. It started with an itch, turned into a horrible odor that got into all my very pricey running shoes plus all my other shoes, was making the skin peel off the tops of my feet. And I was washing my feet and shoes all the time. I tried all sorts of over the counter stuff, nothing really helped, then one day I was cleaning my very old shower grout with bleach and accidentally blocked the drain and was standing in diluted bleach solution. That night I noticed my feet didn’t feel as bad so I started soaking my feet in a weak bleach solution. That solved the problem, thank goodness. I did have to throw away all my shoes and I wore flip flops for about 6 months til I was sure it was gone.

• alexis

Also, foot fungus is not caused by bad hygiene. It is caused by contact with a contaminated surface. So if your dad has it, you can catch it, scrubbing feet especially since you're touching your feet in the shower and you can get it on your hands and face that way. Try learning about biology.

Rarely have I bothered to wash my feet.

i scrubadub dubbem in the tub with ole pal rubber ducky

Those black, rotted stumps that I stand on? All the time.