I was told that my cars rocker arm control valve is damaged. How serious is this? Can I keep driving this car for a little while?

I had an issue with the car back in January, while driving it sometimes it would feel like it was struggling to move. I parked it somewhere and when I came back it would not start. After having a family friend fix it, fast forward to last week I took my car to get serviced and I was told my rocker arm control was... show more I had an issue with the car back in January, while driving it sometimes it would feel like it was struggling to move. I parked it somewhere and when I came back it would not start.

After having a family friend fix it, fast forward to last week I took my car to get serviced and I was told my rocker arm control was not in good condition. I never had any real issues with the car since I started driving it in June, except for the fact that once in a while when I try starting the car it shakes a too much before it starts officially

What usually happens in the worst case scenario? And can I still drive this car around for now? In short distances?