Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutArgentinaBariloche · 4 months ago

Why is no one hiring me?

I’m a 17 year old girl, I have a CV and I’ve applied to 100s of jobs through Indeed.com, Reed, etc and no one has hired me, anyone that contacts me(rarely) says I didn’t get the job. Why is this??

You're probably firing out dozens of half thought through applications. People recognise these and aren't interested.

Look for things you're really interested in and submit a well thought out and thorough application.

Maybe they don't want to hire minors?

A complete lack or work experience coupled with a "degree" which says "I couldn't even show up to school on a regular basis."

• cassie4 months agoReport

i have work experience and 100% attendance

• ?

Do you even know to what jobs you were applying, or did you just shotgun to the world like "here I am?"

If someone gets the job, it wasn't by accident.

• ?

While you're attacking me for your shortcomings, you can take two seconds to think about what I said.

Try the way all of us did - in person.

• cassie4 months agoReport

I’ve tried in person too, i’ve handed my CV out to multiple stores and still no luck.

Unless you have a specialist skill forget Indeed, Reed etc. Look on individual company recruitment websites for vacancies. Have you tried the old fashioned way of going into town with a pile of CVs and handing them out in person to independent shops, cafès, restaurants and other businesses?

Ask friends, friends of friends, ask anyone you know if they know of any vacancies and make it publicly known that you are looking for work.

• cassie4 months agoReport

I’ve done all of that, I’ve been to multiple stores, I’ve gone onto business’ actual websites and asked my friends but still had no luck.

Indeed is most commonly used by professionals with education, credentials & experience. You are still a minor & need a state work permit under child labor laws. What kind of jobs are you applying for, and what are your qualifications for those jobs? Are you still in high school, or have you just graduated? At your age, you need to go in-person to local shops if you want retail sales clerk jobs, or restaurants/fast food, or other starter jobs for the uneducated, untrained, inexperienced. Unless you have some exceptional qualifications you fail to mention here.

• cassie4 months agoReport

I am applying for sales assistant jobs, I have GCSEs and i’ve graduated high school i’m in college now. I’ve tried going into places but they all say to apply online.