Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 5 months ago

Are U2 overrated?

Favorite Answer

Totally and are tools

Certainly are, plus Bono is a right spanner!

Very much so..........

just a tiny little bit

• WUWR

In a way, U2 can't be overrated. They are too widely known and people have the information and have placed them where they are. That's not a very fun answer though.

I'm not a U2 guy, but I get it. I think they're rated about right. They certainly appealed to people. They did things a little differently, kind of consolidating some different sounds into an appealing package. You can't really argue their talent, quality, and if you're deeper in the woods you could probably argue their uniqueness but in the scope of popular music it's pretty clear. I've been told by many that they're really great live. The bulk of their songs may not "move" me, but in their prime they were better than most stuff you came across in pop culture. Like I said, I'm not a big fan, but I think they're where they should be.

• Murzy

Bono and Edge are great

• Kathy

Yes they are..............

I personally think so but music is all about preference. So it's really hard to say how good a band is.