Faint positive or evap line?

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a long time. I have extremely irregular periods and spotted brown discharge for 7 days, and am currently on cycle day 127.

I took a test yesterday but messed up and the pee got on top (dont know if that matters), and the test took longer than three minutes to populate, so I assumed it was negative, as per usual.

I checked it this morning and it populated, but the positive line kinda showed up, and the edge of it is red/purple and then fades as it goes up. Is this a positive or a evap line??

**False positive, Spurious evaporation lines may appear on many home pregnancy tests if read after the suggested 3–5 minute window or reaction time, independent of an actual pregnancy. False positives may also appear on tests used past their expiration date.

LATE PERIOD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlhSZMRQtDc

Youtube thumbnail

If the line looks gray it’s an evap line .

Its an evap line- how long have you been ttc?

I would have to agree with the evap line. Sorry, keep trying!

You don't read tests the next day moron

After that length of time it's an evap line, sorry.

It's clearly an evap line, as plainly spelled out in the instructions.

Evap line. If a girl is pregnant and period is late their hcg level will be there so it would be dark line and never a faint line - it took me nearly 3 years of ttc and I had regular periods, Good Luck

• Tri-Harder

Actually a faint line is still a positive. Just not one that doesn't show up within the time stated.