Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 6 months ago

Are the Eagles the most overrated rock band of all time?

one of them yes, I never thought they were really one of the great bands at all.

In my opinion Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Guns N' Roses are the most overrated bands of all time.

• Killmouseky

They may not be, but the definintely belong in the running.

Sayeth the deadbeat anonymous

My vote would go to Nirvana. You can't say a band is overrated when they are the ONLY act with TWO LPs on the All-time Top 10 in sales, Greatest Hits (1971-75) and Hotel California.

• McDonald's sells a lot of burgers, too. Doesn't make it good food.

I didn't know they were rated?

• helene

The most overplayed rock band of all time. Radio has destroyed any positive feeling I may have had for the Eagles.

I have 3 stations pre set on my car radio. Occasionally the Eagles are playing on all three, and I have nowhere to run.

either Kiss or the Beatles are the most overrated.

Two Words

Hotel California

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - Awesome

No, they were actually really good musicians and songwriters (despite Henley being a bit of a jerk, he's still an amazing singer/songwriter). Many popular acts are that way because of hype or playing up to a certain trend (and not because of talent or producing quality music) but the Eagles were a rare example of being both good and popular. It's OK not to like them if you don't like that kind of music but they were actually really good at what they did.

• Henley sounds like he's constipated when he's singing. And Leonard Cohen was an amazing songwriter, not Henley.

Overrated for sure, but not the most overrated. I would give that to Led Zeppelin. They made the same album over and over again.