Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 6 months ago

Are the Eagles the most overrated rock band of all time?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

one of them yes, I never thought they were really one of the great bands at all.

• 6 months ago

In my opinion Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Guns N' Roses are the most overrated bands of all time.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

They may not be, but the definintely belong in the running.

• 6 months ago

Sayeth the deadbeat anonymous

• 6 months ago

My vote would go to Nirvana. You can't say a band is overrated when they are the ONLY act with TWO LPs on the All-time Top 10 in sales, Greatest Hits (1971-75) and Hotel California.

• McDonald's sells a lot of burgers, too. Doesn't make it good food.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I didn't know they were rated?

• helene
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The most overplayed rock band of all time. Radio has destroyed any positive feeling I may have had for the Eagles.

I have 3 stations pre set on my car radio. Occasionally the Eagles are playing on all three, and I have nowhere to run.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

either Kiss or the Beatles are the most overrated.

• 6 months ago

Two Words

Hotel California

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - Awesome

• 6 months ago

No, they were actually really good musicians and songwriters (despite Henley being a bit of a jerk, he's still an amazing singer/songwriter). Many popular acts are that way because of hype or playing up to a certain trend (and not because of talent or producing quality music) but the Eagles were a rare example of being both good and popular. It's OK not to like them if you don't like that kind of music but they were actually really good at what they did.

• Henley sounds like he's constipated when he's singing. And Leonard Cohen was an amazing songwriter, not Henley.

• 6 months ago

Overrated for sure, but not the most overrated. I would give that to Led Zeppelin. They made the same album over and over again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.