Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 6 months ago

Are women's sports being improved by trans-athletes?

We have new world records being set almost weekly in sports like weight lifting and running. Surely this is increasing the level of women's sport and bringing them up to a point where they can compete with men.

Favorite Answer

"Are women's sports being improved by trans-athletes?"

Yup. One can say that "women's" sports are being improved, and reaching new heights due to the influx of male "women". The problem of course is that female women will be mostly or completely displaced unless we fully compete by sex (male and female) as opposed to gender (men and women).

It is really up to the females as to how they want to deal with this.

.

• donnie

No their not and ir is not fair.

• Layne

They are not women they are men who can not compete with other men. All girls should quit and let the guys play with themselves

• hi

What I find ironic is that the movement that cares so much about women , that is , feminists , are the ones encouraging men pretending to be women to take advantage of the female gender by joining women's sports . According to feminists , you are a " bigot " if you dare to claim that men and women are different and because of such differences they compliment each other which means that marriage can only take place between a man and a woman .. You might think that I'm going way off topic here but I'm not ! All this madness about men joining women's sports started when liberals and feminists started claiming that men and women are " equal" and as a result a " marriage " between two men and two women is as " legitimate " as a marriage between a man and a woman .

If transgenders continue joining women's sports I think women's sports will come to an end .. Most people who watch women's sports are non liberal male fans and we don't like seeing men taking advantage of women.

I got an idea. Lets have sports in different areas. The women's sports can have women. The men's sport can have men. The "I don't know what I am" sports can be for the "I don't know what I am".

• Elana

This is the problem with divvying leagues up by arbitrary demographics.

Yes, generally men are stronger than women. Now we're finding out that there are natural exceptions and then artificial ones (people with hormones).

We use another demographic, "weight class", which also draws a somewhat arbitrary line in the sand, for some sports. It can cause similar problems. Do you really want athletes struggling to add or remove a pound just so they can compete in the class they are used to?

I don't think there is a decisively right answer here. Comparing people generally is a problem period. Full stop.

The inherent nature of competition is to compare people and it will never be totally fair. And even if other factor were completely identical, how many of these competitions are affected by pure luck? How can you say a person or a team is the best in the world if the competition is in mourning, or sleepy because they are in the wrong timezone or ... or ... how many zillion factors can affect the outcome of a game that aren't related to skill?

No. It's because women are getting stronger nowadays. Inspite of being disgustingly obese, fat, lazy and unhealthy, American women still win the most medals in world. So, being a rude and fat b!tch helps a woman to get strong and muscular by eating toxic things. The weaker the man, the stronger the woman gets. I mean the sexual differences between men and women getting small.Thanks to feminism.

Central Asian women don't participate much in sports, but still they are thousand times healthier than American women.I believe all American athletes are cheats. They all are on steroids but still not banned. It's a very very wrong judgement. Sports is a fraud. It's for low IQ people.

Male and female WWE wrestlers are jerks and bunch of idiots. They have no manners especially female ones. But the rudest and dumbest female fighters win the most, who show aggression which is a very toxic thing. Ronda Rousey is a very good fighter but what a b!tch she is. She has no manner and gets angry easily.

These records are illegitimate because they are being set by confused men who are second rate athIetes in male sports, so they are pretending to be woman.

The record that should be being set is the number of humans being forced to visit mental health clinics.

• Teva

No. I have nothing against people changing their appearance and identifying as whatever they want, but these people are still really men. Women have wombs, that's the real difference.

Let's see trans women try to get into the Olympics or the World Cup. Most of the world is not nutty cookoo.

Sadly you're wrong--the Olympics are letting them in for 2020. It will be a farce worthy of the East German doping scandal.