promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 9 months ago

Hey, SCIENCE; where is this GLOBAL WARMING thing; if I travel 300 miles North of my place this morning I'll run into heavy snowfall.?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You really must try to find someone who can explain to you in words of one syllable the difference between climate and weather

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Well somewhat more accurate than you travelling from one spot to another spot 300 miles away, Is the actual science based on the global temperature record, a record now 140 years old, it shows clearly the rise in temp over that time with an increase in the rate of rise in the 1980’s.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temper...

Of course sea level rise, glacial ice & sea ice loss is further evidence temps are rising.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

• D g
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Hey imbiscile I used to be able to make outdoor ice rinks in winter 40 years ago not a chance now so how do you explain the increase in temperature smartass

• MARK
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Let me inform you that personal incredulity is not science and it does not falsify anything. You are perfectly entitled to be ignorant. That, however, does not mean the science is wrong.

You demonstrate your ignorance by naming this issue global warming. Its correct name, which reflects what is happening, is global climate change.

There is a large corpus of evidence that supports the science of global climate change. If you have evidence to falsify it what you do is write an article setting out your findings and submit it to a peer-reviewed scientific journal for publication.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago
  • Thorn
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Right wingers like you don't understand science or how it works

so anything a scientifically literate person would write would only be rejected by you

• 9 months ago

Climate is still in a cycle and the trend is now to cooling.

The term is climate change, Global warming is something Al Gore came up with to sell the notion to politicians. Made a fortune too.

No body blamed anybody 70 years ago when hot climate reached epic. look up the 'dust bowel' of the 20s and 30s, put many farmers homeless.

Yea, where I live, we had the second coldest, wettest July on record.

• Thorn
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

that answer is such total nonsense I hope you're joking

• 9 months ago

there is no starvation on earth because I am not hungry.

• KennyB
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Think bigger. For that matter, observe bigger.

• 9 months ago

What part of "global" don't you understand?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.