How to get over a past incident?

My now boyfriend had a one night stand when we were just friends and he was on drugs and alcohol. We were in a stressful time because of his drug use, so we hardly talked. He told me about it when we were talking again and might become serious because the girl was claiming she was pregnant,but,I was skeptical but... show more My now boyfriend had a one night stand when we were just friends and he was on drugs and alcohol. We were in a stressful time because of his drug use, so we hardly talked. He told me about it when we were talking again and might become serious because the girl was claiming she was pregnant,but,I was skeptical but supportive because I knew a baby in his life would be more important than me. Well, she claims to had an abortion but she had no proof of either. Anyway, it rocked our relationship because he knew I had feelings for him and he claimed to have had them for me. I got over it once he assured me he never really knew her, liked her, and once he got sober he instantly regretted it and that he left the party alone. Well, fast forward to now 8 months later, he is drug free and does socially drink but nothing serious. He said I helped him change because I said I wouldn't consider anything more unless he got off the drugs. It became a whole conversation about trust and that "one night" again a few nights ago. It really brought back old feelings that I've kept hidden just to try to have a future with him. I feel sad and I don't feel anything positive about our future because of my low self esteem and how he did that knowing I liked him. He apologizes to the Moon and back. I understand he's sorry but how do I get it in my mind to move on? I think he really is great for me but that one situation really hurts me. I don't want to keep dwelling on that.
3 answers 3