Matthew asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

When should I get help for suicidal thoughts? Or what should I do.?

I won’t go into detail because I don’t feel like there’s much point, but every day it’s getting worse. It’s all I think about even when I’m distracted doing other things in the back of my mind it’s the one constant thing there. I feel like I’m in so much pain I bawl my eyes out every time I’m alone for more than a few minutes, I’ve lost all motivation to do anything I just sleep all day when I’m not working, I’ve become a recluse from all the people in my life because I never feel like talking to any of them, none of my old interests bring me joy anymore. I don’t feel like I can talk about things to anyone because no one i know wants to hear sad stuff or cares much more than a “hope things get better” and then go on about their days forgetting everything we talked about, and even if they did talking just seems pointless because I’ve realized no amount of words will change anything that’s happened. I can barely function at my job. And I’ve been getting told that I look act and sound like a real life zombie because apparently lately anytime someone interacts with me all they get in return as a reaction is “ahh” or “yeah” and I just don’t know what to do I’ve been on anti depressants and they’ve never worked... I have 2 little girls and they’re literally the only thing that makes me smile anymore. They’re the only light in my life and the only reason I’m here is for them. The only way I’ve made it so long is just from roughing it out every day. what should I do

• Layne

It can happen to almost anyone.

• Vortex

When should you get help? Before you do something irreversible. The way you feel is determined by the way you look at things. If you hate your job, your wife, your life, everything will seem worthless. Remember there are people who would love to have the things you do. Get help now for the depression and you may find a different way of dealing with things.

• Vortex

I am going to suggest you hear this man's story to the end. There are therapies that do work and his life is a testimony to that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEZrAGdZ1i8

• Aa

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, I have a relative who was sentenced to life in prison for murder even if he was innocent. But he stayed strong and after 14 years, he was released because the witness recanted. Another example is Mandela who spent around 30 years in prison. He stayed strong and he was finally released and managed to become president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he decided to stay alive.I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years but was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time, I felt hopeless and miserable, now I am very happy I decided to stay alive..

Sounds like a case of the "f**k-its. I know I'm alive when I see a problem of nature that the emotions become who I am---being a little empathic. I mean, yeah the m. hospital, medication, and interventions. I was sick, no one knew how sick, even me..

And you should be able to see a doctor, or if you want a "sliding scale" you'll get pooled into a county or state system. Obvious to me is getting a "family therapy." The kids just get the vibes from Mom. Take care of yourself.

• Matthew6 months agoReport

The mom isn’t in the picture. But your saying I should get help professionally like an institution kind of thing or?