Thomas asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Is veganism a core cause for anorexia and orthorexia?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, but it can be a cover-up for an eating disorder, but not the cause.

• 6 months ago

anorexia and other eating disorders are caused by mental issues.

People with mental issues often use veganism to control what they eat, forgetting completely that vegans can also be over weight simply by chosing the wrong vegan foods.

Oreo cookies and lots of various pies, cakes, candy, chips, soda,etc are all vegan.

• 6 months ago

No but people with those disorders sometimes use being vegan or gluten free or raw only etc to limit their food and hide the illness. The restrictive nature of the diet helps hide the illness.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No it's not a cause although in some cases it could be a symptom if it's used as an excuse not to eat.

The conditions you mention are types of mental illness.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

No.

Anorexia has mental and social causes. Though some anorexics may use a wide variety of diets (including veganism) as a cover for their eating disorder.

Anyone who thinks veganism can somehow cause anorexia has no idea what anorexia is or what veganism is.

• ...Show all comments
    • M'aiq The liar
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Only princes kiss frogs, honey. What part of this was idiotic..? You can't just call me an idiot because i have a different diet, what i said here was factually correct.

• 6 months ago

No i dont believe so. Its actually the way we all should be eatting. Its a healthy version

• Thomas6 months agoReport

Liar.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.