Christians--who is a "true" Christian?--and why do you say so?

Favorite Answer

True Christians are the people who follow God through actions. I consider myself a true Christian because I read the word everyday, I pray, I accept everyone regardless of their beliefs, I don't judge, I try my best to avoid sin,I don't gossip and I love everyone as God claims to love everyone and be filled with love is to love God himself.

• 👀 🚶

The issue is Jesus said to go out and make disciples of him. If you kept to yourself, then you wouldn't be going out and making disciples.

Read Matthew 25:3-46

Christian is as Christian does -- because that's what Jesus Christ teaches.

• Paul

Most Christians are "true" in the sense of faithful to what they believe. However, it is obvious that what Protestant denominations teach is not entirely true, since the teaching of each denomination contradicts the teaching of the others, and truth cannot contradict truth. Which is why Jesus Christ founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Which is why that one Church remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding after 2,000 years, with no conflicting denominations.

• 👀 🚶

Ita easy to see your Trinitarian churches dont have God Fireball. You worship the trinity man-god.

True Christians follow Jesus in the worship of his God and Father Jehovah.

True Trinitarians worship Jesus as God the Son along with God the Father and God the Holy spirit. Three persons making up one God.

• pugjw9896

The ' trinity' is false...the holy spirit [ not ghost ] is Jehovahs power and is NOT a ' person / identity.

Jesus told us we would know the tree by its fruit. Therefore, if a tree bears bad fruit, then it is fit to be thrown in the fire and burned.

So a Christian would be a good tree. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit (Matthew 3: 8 & 10) John 15:2 - 6

... But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 

• Snowbird

Amen Ernest.

Jesus explained the difference in Matthew 7:15-23.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing [i.e. appearing to belong to Christ as one of His 'sheep']… By their fruit you will recognise them...

"Not everyone who says to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

"Then I will say to them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"

Those, plainly, are not true Christians, but hypocrites who speak and do wonderful things in Christ's name, but He will disown them. It is what Jesus says on the subject and His judgment that I go by, because I'm a Christian.

Jesus said: "If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32

He also said: "Not everyone saying to me "Lord, Lord" will enter into the kingdom of heaven, but the one doing the will of the Father in heaven will.". Matthew 7:12

Jesus is the one who determines who a "true Christian" is, because he is the Christ.

Whoever holds to the truth and lives it.

• Michael

Where Can We Find Unity in This Strife-Torn World?
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1984202#h=13:0-29:1165