Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 5 months ago

Is there a type of electrical floor fan that has a cutoff timer, so it does not run all night while you are sleeping. It could get too cold?

in the morning. If so, what is the name or type of the fan (in the US). Thanks.

Use the light timers . A cold air fan does not draw a lot of power so the timer can handle the current draw easily.

You can easily find a timer to program and plug into the outlet, then plug the fan into the timer.

I have a timer on a lamp in my living room. It goes on all by itself at 7:30 pm and turns the lamp off at 11:30 pm every night. It works like a charm every single night. When I am out of town, I can set the timer to go on and off at various times, making it appear as though someone is home, turning the lights on and off.

• elhigh

The fan does not cool the air. The fan only cools things that are warmer than the air - that is to say, YOU. Fans only move air, and moving air carries heat away faster.

You might feel cool or even cold, but only because you have cooled enough. The room and air won't be cooler because the fan is going all night.

All of that said, I don't know of any fans that have shutoff timers built in but that's no big deal, just get a plugin timer like you would put on a lamp when going on vacation, and use that. They work for fans too.

you can simply add own timer in the power cord connection. set it to turn on in the evening and off by whatever hour you like

Several brands have a timer and even a remote, check the inventory of stores like Home Depot. A less expensive fan and an external timer might also work for you.

• Cogito

I have one, but I'm in the UK. I bought mine at a homeware and DIY store, so I'm sure you can get them in the USA.

• paul

it is called amazon