PoBoy
Lv 7
PoBoy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Peter Navarro: U.S. economy will be strong through 2020. Does that mean Trump's billionaires will prop the market until after the election?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A reasonable scenario

• 6 months ago

That's like taking advice on contributions of fossil fuels to climate change from the head of OPEC.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Okay, answer? No. It doesn't mean they'll prop up the market.

Cuz they won't have to. Why not?

See my FIRST answer.

=========================

Other than the inverted yield curve, what precise, US-specific indicators, what reasons do you have to think the U.S. economy is in a recession?

I watched economists all day Saturday and all -- even those on uber-liberal NBC networks -- were clear, there IS NO recession.

They DID say the inverted yield curve has usually (though not always) preceded a recession.

Global economies are always dipping and flailing while ours does well.

So, what've you got that's solid? Cuz, I'm sure yer a fine fella, there, Po.

But that ain't solid.

• PoBoy
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Answer the question. No one said we are currently in a recession!

• 6 months ago

An economy can easily be supported by public borrowing, building up a massive national debt that will have to be repaid at some time in the future. It's like moving into a bigger house every year and claiming you are wealthier when, in reality, you are just building up bigger mortgage debt that will have to be repaid or you end up living in the gutter.

• PoBoy
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Perhaps you recall the old saw: my broker had me buy Widget Co at $1. When it reached $2 I bought again. At $4 I tripled my holdings. When it reached $8 I called my broker and told him sell! He asked, to who? Where is another $5 trillion going to come from to prop up Trump’s stupidity?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Peter Navarro has a really bad reputation among economists. They have basically disowned him. That's who the moron in the Oval has chosen as advisor. "Only the best"? HA.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.