My boyfriend phone has been off for days, what should I do?

my long distance boyfriend’s phone has been off for a few days, I’ll explain what happened and I wish you could give me your opinion! we were messaging normally on friday night and I fell asleep. he went on writing telling me some funny things that were happening till 5 am, when he went to sleep. I woke up at 8:30... show more my long distance boyfriend’s phone has been off for a few days, I’ll explain what happened and I wish you could give me your opinion!
we were messaging normally on friday night and I fell asleep. he went on writing telling me some funny things that were happening till 5 am, when he went to sleep. I woke up at 8:30 and answered but he couldn’t receive my messages on whatsapp, it was weird because his wifi is almost always on even when he’s sleeping. I haven’t had any news since then. his internet is off and he isn’t using any messaging app, he doesn’t even get my iMessage messages. obviously I’m sure he didn’t block me, he had no reason + if he did I wouldn’t be able to see his activities on messaging apps. as I said we’re far and it’s hard to contact people he knows because they use another alphabet and it’s hard to find them. another detail, in June he said he was having problems with his phone because the battery didn’t last and he wanted to repair it, but then he didn’t because it seemed fine. what should I think? I don’t even know what to do. my hypothesis are:
1. his battery died and he needs to change it
2. he lost his phone (I hope he didn’t and if he did I hope he remembers his passwords of social networks to contact him. this option scares me.)
3. something bad happened (this TERRORISES me)
how long should I wait before getting alarmed?