If you are a real Christian what is the most important scripture in the Bible?

There will be different opinions on this and not all faiths are Christian so please post which one is important to you and after a few comments will tell you the one that is important to me...

Thank you snowbird and it was a humble honest answer...

Here is my favorite scripture from my favorite Bible

Psalm 119:105 King James Version (KJV)

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Favorite Answer

That's a really difficult question because I love all of scripture, but I think the one that is most important to me and had the most impact in my life was John 14:6 "Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life and no man comes unto the Father but by/through Him" because for years it seemed not to make any sense, then one day I had a 'light-bulb' moment when suddenly it hit me what it really meant and it lit up and I understood it and loved the impact it had on me, whereas previously I had always thought, "How could I go THROUGH or BY a man to God How????" and I felt frustrated.

Although I must admit I have had enlightening moments with other scriptures also, which have suddenly opened up to me and revealed what they mean and 'lit my fire' so to speak. It's all by the Spirit so things get revealed at the right time. The Bible says, "Here a little, there a little, from hope to hope, glory to glory etc." so I have always taken that to mean that we will understand a bit at a time as we have need.

• Snowbird

Thank you for Best Answer Alex. I too love "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path". I often need to be reminded of that one - so thank you for the nudge again for this day's potential problems

I doubt that there is a single most important scripture, but I like, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

• Paul

The clearly stated will of Jesus Christ concerning His followers, which was and still is "That they all may be ONE, even as I and my heavenly Father are ONE". Jesus stressed unity among His followers because He knew that truth cannot conflict with truth, and as soon as you have two churches with conflicting beliefs, you necessarily have some false beliefs. When you have 6,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestantism, well, you get the idea.

Jesus said in prayer to God: “This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) If someone told you that a man saved your life when you were yet a child, would you not be interested in learning more about that man and why he saved you? Jehovah God, who gave the lifesaving gift of the ransom, wants you not only to know who he is but also to come into a close relationship with him. “Draw close to God,” the Bible urges, “and he will draw close to you.”​—James 4:8.

Source(s): How Will You Respond to God’s Greatest Gift? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017045#h=6:0-...
    • Alex

Jesus did so much for humanity that he should not have to make anymore sacrifices unless he thought it was necessary...

2 Corinthians 8:9 is somewhat encompassing with regard to Christian doctrine.

Mark 12:28-31

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”

It is such a pity that most "Christians" completely ignore Jesus' second commandment.

Romans 12:9

Love must be sincere hate what is evil cling to what is good.

Deuteronomy 23:12-13

12 “You shall also have a place outside your dwelling and go out there, 13 and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement”

It’s important to know that God doesn’t want us to use a toilet, instead He commands us to defecate in the backyard and bury it.

• "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

• Jake

A person can know many truths by reciting the rosary each day with care.