Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

What could be wrong with my car?

Ok, so when I woke up this morning and went outside to my car I noticed that it had somehow been moved since I parked it last night. It was parked at a very crooked angle and was taking up 2 parking spaces, and I know I had not left it that way. I also had problems getting one of my keys to work; the remote entry buttons would not work at all and when I opened the door manually, it set off the alarm. When I tried to start the car, it would not start and I got a message that said “theft attempted.” Luckily I had a 2nd key that worked properly. Figuring someone had tampered with the vehicle, I filed a police report. I was then able to go about my day with the car running just fine. Well, I left it alone for a few hours and then went out to check on it, and now it won’t start. It’s acting like the battery is dead, but when I had someone try to jump it nothing happened. It’s not even turning over like it’s trying to start. What are the possibilities for all of this?

That's what's wrong...someone tried to steal it.

Check under the hood for a missing or disconnected spark plug wire.

FWIW, I used to travel a lot for business. I used to remove one of the spark plug wires so it couldn't be started.

Sure, they could still steal my car, but they would need a tow truck to do it.

• Henry

It could have no gasoline in it.

• 3 months agoReport

Serious answers only please.