Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

What could be wrong with my car?

Ok, so when I woke up this morning and went outside to my car I noticed that it had somehow been moved since I parked it last night. It was parked at a very crooked angle and was taking up 2 parking spaces, and I know I had not left it that way. I also had problems getting one of my keys to work; the remote entry buttons would not work at all and when I opened the door manually, it set off the alarm. When I tried to start the car, it would not start and I got a message that said “theft attempted.” Luckily I had a 2nd key that worked properly. Figuring someone had tampered with the vehicle, I filed a police report. I was then able to go about my day with the car running just fine. Well, I left it alone for a few hours and then went out to check on it, and now it won’t start. It’s acting like the battery is dead, but when I had someone try to jump it nothing happened. It’s not even turning over like it’s trying to start. What are the possibilities for all of this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

That's what's wrong...someone tried to steal it.

Check under the hood for a missing or disconnected spark plug wire.

FWIW, I used to travel a lot for business. I used to remove one of the spark plug wires so it couldn't be started.

Sure, they could still steal my car, but they would need a tow truck to do it.

• Henry
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

It could have no gasoline in it.

• 3 months agoReport

Serious answers only please.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.