What is the best store bought hummus?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The big name around here is Sabra. I've had theirs, and I've had the varieties ALDI sells, maker unknown, and I've had others, and there was no detectable difference in taste or consistency with ANY of them. So I will buy whatever is the cheapest when I'm in the mood. There's no need to pay a premium for a known name.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

what is the BEST store bought HUMMUS ?

my store only carries ONE BRAND

possibly because its not a BIG SELLER

WOW HUMMUS

a combination of ground cooked chickpeas sesame seeds olive oil and lemon

a person could make such a simple concoction in the blender at home and it would be "FRESH " ... FRESH would be BEST ... and probably CHEAPER can of chickpeas $ 1.19 sesame seeds $ 5 for 4 oz jar few tablespoon of olive oil a squeeze of lemon

SABRA has 60 % of the market of hummus sales in the USA

a USA based company which made 1 BILLION dollars in SALES in 2017

• 6 months ago

I enjoy Sabra roasted red pepper hummus

• 6 months ago

Sabara is the most popular and much better than other semi-popular brands. The trick I find is to open it with some olive oil and lemon juice. To ship and be shelf stable, they make it more concentrated than you would enjoy at an authentic restaurant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LP7
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I make four 250gm containers at a time using fresh organic lemons garlic large chickpeas.Gone before the end of the week.

• patty
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

there are so many types. I brought some today that was on special.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I prefer Trader Joe's hummas.

• 6 months ago

In our town is one, referring to pea, but I can,t express exactly it.

• 6 months ago

Why bother? It's sort of like buying canned tea. Other than having tea when you're not at home and can't make it fresh, I think it's a waste of money and an additional source of pollution to buy the canned stuff. Humus is ridiculously simple to make and you can easily make large batches of different varieties that are better, much cheaper, and more healthful than what you buy.You can find lots of recipes on line and, no kidding, if you have a blender or food processor it takes about ten minutes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.