Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 9 months ago

How many people on this forum actually have a degree in anything and own their own company? I don't want to argue with morons anymore!!?

I have a Masters plus several other degree and postgrad level qualifications. Bear in mind that many people are autodidacts. Just because you don't have a degree doesn't mean you're uneducated or stupid. I'm also self-employed.

I have a degree and (briefly) owned my own company. My dad had neither and was a much sought after engineering manager and world traveler. So you know what you can do with your ego.

• Sam

A high school drop out is more intelligent that Laurence

A PhD in psychology and have worked as a private consultant. I am here occasionally as an adjunct to my profession to answer serious questions. I try not to get involved in hostilities and trolling. It's a busy life so I have a rigorous schedule which includes some limited time on this site.

I'm educated and I'm my own boss. That's probably why I don't waste time arguing with strangers on the internet.

If you a degree and have your own company....

WTF are you doing wasting your valuable time trolling on Y!A???

"I built my website the same day and have been continuously self employed since."

Having a website is not the same thing as having a company.

• Sam

Laurence has a uneducated command of the English language. A three year old can be trained to have a foul mouth.

I have 3 degrees, no company, but I'm RETIRED.

I have three college degrees and two professional certifications.

I don't, however, own my own company, nor would I want to. I have a good career in a field that I love, so it works for me. Running my own company seems like it would be way too time-consuming, to be honest...but to each his/her own, I suppose.

• 9 months agoReport

I stopped working and making the big bucks for other people that ended up ripping me off 20 years ago. I got laid off from my last job at Northwestern Carbon 20 years ago when they got bought out by US Filter. I built my website the same day and have been continuously self employed since.