Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

is it considered advertising my business if I mention my business name while answering a business question?

Favorite Answer

That depends on how relevant it is to the question. Obviously, if the asker wants to know who fixes computers in [your town] then it's not a big deal, though you should throw in some other names if you can recommend them. If the connection is more tenuous then exercise good judgement and err on the side of leaving it out.

Yes, because the name of your business (as opposed to industry) would be irrelevant to the question...unless you are responding to a question about a specific company...

There is an entire section here at Yahoo devoted to local small businesses. Where people in certain areas can ask who does this or who does that in this area responding directly to their answers is not considered a violation of the terms of service.

Yes, it is......................

Technically, it might be, if the business name is not critical to the answer. I worked for a large corporation, and found that I never needed to name the exact one to answer. Given my position in the company, an answer might have been misconstrued as an official statement.