How can I start to be a more approachable and less shy person?

I suffer from social anxiety and I have trouble approaching people. I do talk to people and respond back when you talk to me but I’m sort of shy at first. For all honesty I’m not a very friendly person and not the type to introduce myself easily. I usually wait for people to talk to me first. If I do talk to you... show more I suffer from social anxiety and I have trouble approaching people. I do talk to people and respond back when you talk to me but I’m sort of shy at first. For all honesty I’m not a very friendly person and not the type to introduce myself easily. I usually wait for people to talk to me first. If I do talk to you before introducing myself I usually would say like “ hi is this math question right? ”That’s my way of talking to people for the first time. Please help me and give me some tips on how to make friends properly and be more approachable towards people I’m starting high school in less than a month so I need help now!!
Thank you.