Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Do you avoid friends that are using drugs, do you stop hanging around with them completely? Why or why not?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes for sure I’ll stop hanging around with them. People who use drugs are bad news. It’s dangerous and could even be fatal. Do you know how many people die each year from using drugs?! If you don’t die from it, you’ll end up in jail. Even if you don’t use drugs but hang around with someone that does you might end up in jail with a criminal record. That will also ruin your life.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

A person can battle recreational drug use and other sins using the rosary and fasting. Avoid them, though, if you think being around them would lead you to use drugs too.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Well if they're drug addicts that's one thing. But I know people who do drugs (marijuana) occasionally and they're actually totally normal people!

But in Canada marijuana's not illegal anymore, if I was in a place where it was illegal I'd probably have a different opinion.

And I'm the person who's vowed to never do drugs or alcohol in my life. At the same time, I realize that it's a personal choice and I don't think people who do them are evil or something.

• 5 months ago

I don't have friends in 1st hand.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Marvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I walk away from anyone who uses drugs. All they do is pull you down with them.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

sure do avoid mixing with them

they drag the sole down and depress all around them

• A C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes. I gave up several friends many years ago because of drugs. I figured it wasn't worth my life to keep hanging around with them.

• 5 months ago

If they are drug addicts then no way to hanging out, because they tend to steal from you, act completely erratic or incoherent (depending on the drug) , stab you in the back mostly, anger, etc..only speaking from personal experience and it may vary. Mainly do not want to hang out with drug addicts, but if they are experimenting and just tend to party occasionally, like smoke pot, then that is different.

• ...Show all comments
    • Pedro5 months agoReport

No its not. I have friends that have been smoking weed for years and they haven't done any of that stuff and they also stay away from people that do those drugs.

• 5 months ago

I'd stop being friends with them at all.they are troubles waiting to happen

• 5 months ago

Yes, I just don't run into them any more. Why? Because I don't need to be in that environment. There is never reason for me to be there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.