Anonymous

Is it worth working in technical support?

My dream is to work from home, so I'm

considering starting as a customer-service

representative. My understanding is the

goal is to eventually move into technical

support, which pays up to $50,000/year.

I'm not particularly interested in computers.

Is it worth it? Or is it too stressful? Thank You

• <3
    Favorite Answer

Get a job that you will enjoy. Money isn't everything. I recently took a job that paid more , way better benefits and ended up hating it. I was lucky enough to be able to go back to the place I worked before. Find something that will make you happy, even if it pays a little less.

You do not do tech support from home. You work from a call center, if you are qualified. And most tech support is in computer field, and typically requires training as computer technician, computer repair, etc.

What makes you think anybody in tech support can eventually earn $50,000/yr? That's about $25/hr, if you can ever find full-time (40hr/wk). Even call center supervisors don't make that much.

"My dream is to work from home"

"I'm not particularly interested in computers."

"up to $50,000/year. "

Your dream is never going to come true. You have totally unrealistic expectations. To make big money working from home you have to be sh1t hot with computers. You think you're going to make 50k a year dealing with complaints from old ladies?

You know "up tp" includes zero?

• If you're not interested, then it's not worth it so don't do it. It's more important that you have a job that you enjoy doing, rather then being there just for the money. If you don't have any interest in computers then you may end up not liking the job.

• Tavy

How can you possibly move into tech support when you know virtually nothing about computers.

get real.

• Judy

It's stressful, and if you're not particularly interested in computers, it's not for you.

99.9% of people who want to work from home cannot do it Thousands piss away untold millions on MLM scams in trying. I shudder everytime I read it because its not going to happen for the most part.

My brother is a tech guy and he can do some of his job from home via remote computers. Maybe 10 hours a week. Most cannot.

You are not going to quickly learn computer tech and be paid $50k a year for lounging around at home in your underwear.