Leon asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Feminists hate men, that is a fact. Why then won’t feminists admit to being lesbians?

Modern feminism is anti male; with terms such as “toxic masculinity” implying that all forms masculine are evil, and terms like patriarchy, suggesting feminists would prefer a matriarchy, and this superior treatment not equal treatment and many feminist Authors such as Andrea Dworkin cloning “all heterosexual sex is rape”

How can feminist have any attraction to men? How can they like what they hate and view as oppressors?

• God
    Favorite Answer

Yes. The definition of feminism is hating men. Many feminists are lesbians. Some women have come out and said they are not feminists because they like men. There already is a matriarchy. At least in the United States. Here women have many more rights and privileges than men. But women like to play the victim.

No part of your question was factual.

Your "fact" is incorrect. I can prove this simply by using myself as an example.

I am a feminist. Most of my friends are men.

There, your "fact" is disproven.

As far as modern feminism being anti-male, you're not entirely wrong, at least. A lot of "mainstream" feminism does tend reflexively anti-male. But your specific examples, other than the Dworkin one (whoever the bleep she is), are... based more on misunderstandings than on facts.

For example, let's look at "toxic masculinity" (I prefer the term "toxic male gender roles", to make it clearer that the roles/social expectations, not the men themselves, are the problem). Does the existence of poisonous mushrooms mean that all mushrooms are poisonous? Does the existence of tainted hummus mean that all hummus is tainted? Does the existence of venomous snakes mean that all snakes are venomous? If your answer to those questions is "no", then why can't you understand that someone can talk about toxic masculinity, and not be talking about *all* masculinity? I agree that the term is, perhaps, a bit too easily misunderstood. But that doesn't mean that the *concept* (basically, as I understand it, the ways in which our stereotypical expectations of male behavior are bad for men) is inherently a bad one.

And talking about patriarchy doesn't mean we'd rather see a matriarchy. Just that we don't want your junk to determine whether or not you're considered "important". You don't want a matriarchy, is it that hard to understand that we don't want a patriarchy, either?

Feminists hating men makes them misandrist, not necessary lesbian.

"Feminists hate men, that is a fact. Why then won’t feminists admit to being lesbians?"

Well .... your statement is a little too broad and generalized. It is true that -many- -prominent- feminists hate men. For example:

"All Men Are Rapists and Should Be Put in Prison Then Shot" - Julie Bindel

"I Bathe in Male Tears" - Jessica Valenti

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience" - Catherine Comins

It is also true that many -prominent- feminists now and in the past are lesbians:

"Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice." - Ti Grace Atkinson

“The simple fact is that every woman must be willing to be identified as a lesbian to be fully feminist” - [National NOW Times, January, 1988

It is a reality that under the leadership of prominent feminists that the feminist movement is over-represented by both man-haters and lesbians. However, when we include self-identified feminists, that number changes radically.

Self-proclaimed feminists have no prominence or power in the feminist movement, and usually are seen acting in opposition to what true, prominent feminist stand for through the misandrist actions and comments made by prominent feminists that are on the public record.. However, self-proclaimed feminists all seem to excuse the misandry and man-hate of prominent feminists by labeling any and all feminism (including the radical stuff) as being about "equality" only.

.

Feminists do want to rape other women. So they put all their blame on men. There is no such thing as "toxic masculinity". Lack of masculinity has become a problem in Western society and you must stop reading that degenerate prostitute Andrea Dworkin. I have no respect for such dumb feminists.

You are deluded, feminists just want equality not hate.

Source(s): #killallmen
  • liz

It isn’t a fact that feminists hate men. And why do you imagine all feminists must have the same sexual orientation? Does it matter what lesbians believe? As far as unsubstantiated questions go, this is an excellent one. No doubt you know what answer you want and you aren’t going to need any facts. One more pointless question.

• donnie

Because some people are sexist. Some sexists do have attraction to the sex that their sexist towards but will abuse their partner. Their not necessarily lesbians but some are. There are certain forms of toxic femininity as their is masculinity. Their a perfect example.

• Elana

Feminists hate men? Source? URL? ANY evidence? Or is this just analysis of your own experience?

In my experience, feminism as a group DOES NOT CARE about men, except if they perceive men have a privilege that women don't have. If women have a privilege that men don't have, that's not important (thus totally belying their supposed search for equality).

But hate? Naw.

• allora6 months agoReport

Depends what feminism is to the people you talk to. Not a hive-mind and all that. I think male and female problems stem from how we treat women. Also, I personally see more critical resources and empathetic encouragement for men just being chill people from the feminists I know than the MRAs I know.