Should I let it go (car accident)?

My car got hit pretty bad in parking lot and I didn’t notice until I got home. The note/business card (I believe or flier but probably note) flew off when I was driving home. This happened Thursday and I’ve been looking like a mad woman trying to find it in the area it flew off. Is it pointless? Should I let it go?... show more My car got hit pretty bad in parking lot and I didn’t notice until I got home. The note/business card (I believe or flier but probably note) flew off when I was driving home. This happened Thursday and I’ve been looking like a mad woman trying to find it in the area it flew off. Is it pointless? Should I let it go?

I just really don’t want another claim on my insurance (yes I contacted them and the police - also told them about the note). The $250 isn’t a big deal but it’s mostly the principal.

Should I just let it go? :( I feel awful. Such a dumb mistake to make but I was rushing to get home and the damage is from the passenger side. I feel so guilty.