Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 months ago

Is the nickname Lottie too much of a stretch for the name Scarlett?

Any other suggestions love the name Lottie, but think it’s too much like a nickname need a longer name

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

'Lottie' is a nickname for 'Charlotte'.

• blank
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

A nickname can be anything. So in my opinion it works.

• 3 months ago

If you have your heart set on Lottie for Scarlett, by all means, use that moniker. But Lettie is adorable for Scarlett, and BTW, I love the name Scarlett too.

• 3 months ago

I think the nn for Scarlett would be Lettie? Lottie is nickname for Charlotte. Do you not like Charlotte?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Yes, but you can call your kid whatever you want to call her. Lottie is traditional a nickname for Charlotte. You could use "Lettie." Scarlett doesn't have an "o," so Lottie doesn't make sense.

• 3 months ago

Its usually lettie

• 3 months ago

Scarlett is much prettier than Lottie. Lottie can be a nickname for Charlotte, Carlotta and Sharlotta/Charlotta.

• 3 months ago

A nickname is whatever you want it to be.

My father is Carl called Monte

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Scarlett is a beautiful name. Lottie is okay.

Carrie

Cara

Carly

Letta

Care

Cort

Corel

Cortie

Star

Lettie

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

First of all, a nickname DOES NOT NEED to match the person's actual name in any way. A nickname is just something you pick to call someone.

So, if you like the name Scarlet but want to use the nickname Lottie - then go ahead and do it.

Now, the actual name that I thought of for Lottie was Loretta. Lottie sounds like something a person named Loretta might use.

Lottie is also a common nickname for Charlotte.

BTW - Lottie as an actual name isn't that bad. I have heard much, much worse.

Maybe this website can give you ideas.

https://nameberry.com/babyname/Lottie

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.