Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 6 months ago

Do you believe that another Earth exists in the Universe?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Another EARTH-LIKE planet but not a planet exactly like Earth.

• goring
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The Holy Bible indicates that there shall be a new Heaven and a new Earth

• 6 months ago

I'd bet there are other, inhabited planets, even a few with about equal intelligence as we have on Earth - bit... I doubt any exact twin of Earth exists...

• 6 months ago

It depends on what you mean by another Earth. If you mean planets that support life, there are probably millions, perhaps billions in this galaxy. If you mean a planet which is identical to Earth in every detail, including another you and another me, I would say, No.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Out there .. somewhere .. there are probably many ''Earth like'' planets .. supporting life .. but probably not as we know it.

All a planet has to be is the right distance from it's Sun.

• 6 months ago

Earth is unique. It was created for humans. The universe revolves around the earth. It is the centre of creation. The experiments of Michelson-Morley, Michelson-Gale, Sagnac, and Airey proved this. Heliocentrism is occult sun worship nonsense.

• 6 months ago

Earth is incredibly unique, but there are over 200 billion solar systems just in our galaxy.

That makes another planet in the universe very similar quite likely, but not to an exact.

First, the solar system would have to have formed much the same, the planet composed of similar elements.

The presence of water dominating the surface. The composition of its atmosphere nearly the same. The early development of vegetation much the same, and the seeding of some form of life with little room for variation.

This planet would need volcanic activity with a similar molten core of nickle/iron. Even then, it would need a similar impact of asteroids to instigate this core to spin relative to the planet so as to have a suitable magnetosphere.

Limits on its tilt of axis to its ecliptic. A little flexibility to its own AU but not much.

So you have an idea just how rare earth is and why no exactness between any two planets.

>>Possible,,just not too likely,,and would be at such distance, we will never know of its existence.

Habitable planets, even some form of life nearly has to exist given the vast number 'out there'.

• Joan H
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It depends on your definition of "another" earth. There proably isn't another one exactly like this one, but there are likely billions of very similar ones in the whole universe.

• 6 months ago

I'm sure there are planets similar to earth, but will be exactly the same. No planet will be a comfortable and perfect as earth.

• 6 months ago

If you believe in alternate universes, I suppose it exists.

• goring
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

The Holy Bible indicates that there will be a New heaven and a new Earth.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.