Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 months ago

How long should I wait to take a pregnant test?

Okay so I have been having a few symptoms That is often associated with pregnancy .To name a few I’ve been having nausea , headaches , fatigue , and a late period ! My period is only late by 4 days , but being that my periods are like clockwork and normally comes every 28 days has me wondering that I could be pregnant . I know sometimes a delay in a period could be normal , but this has never happened to me until now. Being that I’m 4 days late around how many days after my missed period should I test to get an accurate result ? Or is it okay to test now ?

They do make the clearblue brand pregnancy tests you can take 5 days after a missed period although they do say the longer you wait to take the test the more accurate. I would wait a week to see if your period comes and if it doesnt, take a test to be sure

• Tri-Harder

Those ED tests are for five days BEFORE your expected periods. All pregnancy tests on the market are designed to be taken the first day you miss a period. No need to wait 5-7 days.

• Edna

Nausea, fatigue, and headaches are NOT early symptoms associated with pregnancy. The only "pregnancy symptom" you've had so far is a late menstrual period.

But a period that is only 4 days "late" is NOT a missed period. No woman ever has periods that are always 28 days apart, like clockwork. The date can vary up to 3 to 4 days (early or late) every month, depending upon how many days there were in the previous month.

You can take a pregnancy test the day after you miss a ;period. But, to be most accurate, you should wait until your period is at least 1-1/2 weeks overdue.

You can test the first day you miss a period.

• Jill

You can test now.

Assuming your periods are regular, 1 week after your period should have arrived.

if they aren't regular, say 4 weeks after you last had sex.