Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

My auntie has just been diagnosed with pancriattic cancer and i want to go say goodbye but i dont know what to say . I LOVE my aunt?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

First know that pancreatic cancer isn't the immediate death sentence it once was. So support your aunt in her treatment and she could be around for years to come. But caner treatment is no picnic and she'll probably have periods when she can't transport herself, can't buy the groceries she needs or keep up with her own housework. So offer to do these things for her if to can and to the degree that you can. Try to remain optimistic and let her talk if she needs to. This is very scary for her too.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Unfortunately, pancreatic cancer is an insidious disease that often has no symptoms. By the time it begins to exhibit symptoms and is diagnosed, it is usually variably fatal within 12 to 18 months, if that long. If your aunt has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, she doesn't want you saying anything to her that will remind her that she's going to die soon -- she already knows that. Talk to her and treat her the same way as you would normally do, for as long as you can..

It's best to save your "goodbyes" to her until she's on her death bed. Then, say what's in your heart. That's when she's going to need to hear your assurances that you love her and that you're never going to forget her.

• 6 months ago

Assuming she's terminal, go and see her. The words within you that you need to say will follow.

• 6 months ago

Saying goodbye is not what she wants to hear.

Tell her you love her.

Remind her of the happy times you have shared. "Remember when we ....."

Let her know things will be ok. "Don't worry about .... we will ...."

( eg looking after pets/children/ siblings/ each other)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's not time to say goodbye yet. By all means go and see your aunt and tell her how sorry you are that this happened to her, but how glad you are to see her anyway.

• rena
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Cherish every moment you have left with her.

Lv 7
    6 months ago

If it's stage four, you need to move quickly. When a cancer patient goes to hospice, they are given so many pain meds that they are hardly communicative. If she's religious, you can talk about the afterlife, which can help comfort her. If she's atheist, be reminiscent about the past.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Depends on the patient and the situation. My best friend was going shopping a week before she died, while in hospice.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If she was JUST diagnosed, she likely still has SOME time left. So go spend time with her and talk about things you usually talk about. When she is actually 'on her deathbed' and you're still not sure what to say (beyond "I love you," you can come back and ask again.

• 6 months ago

Sorry this is an update . I love my aunt . What should i say on her deathbed? . She hasnt got long left

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.