Inconsiderate husband?

So I’ve been work all day today and my husband has been home with the kids. He let our two year old daughter sleep pretty much all afternoon, 3 to 4 hours!! I am absolutely exhausted, I was up in the night with our youngest doing a night feed, I’ve scrubbed the house & done a 8 hour shift today! He’s now gone to bed because he’s tired while I’m watching a dvd with our daughter because she’s clearly not going sleep any time soon. Who else would be annoyed 😠

You both work hard. You are both tired. You and him need to lay down some ground rules. Work together all the way around the clock or no one will be happy.

No. You obviously wanted to have children so do your bit towards the child care and stop expecting the poor man to do it all for you. I hope you don't stop him going out at the w/e with his mates for a few beers either and also you should be thinking of his needs when he gets back.

Source(s): Many pompous years

So wake him up and tell him it's his turn to stay up with the toddler. Seems pretty straight-forward.

Inconsiderate? Maybe. But he could just be ignorant to not piece together the consequences of his actions that he is laying in your lap. Remember, parenting is new to him too.

I am not suggesting you let him get away with it, just that you show some empathy and allow him to show you some empathy after you wake his butt up to come help you and each time the child wakes during the night (if possible). Good Luck with the learning curve.

I can clearly see why you are annoyed. I would try to talk to him and come to a conclusion about how the two of you can work together so that he can do his part in cleaning the house and taking care of the kids. Does he work? If you both work and your shifts are on the same days then you can have a babysitter or relative watch your children. If you are working on a day when he is home then he should be doing the cleaning and caring for the kids so that you both can rest when you come home and everything will be done around the house. If he is working a day that you are off on then you can do your part in household chores, cooking, cleaning, shopping, and taking care of your children. He should do the same when you are working so that you both will be productive and it will be less stressful because both of you will be doing your fair share in responsibilities instead of it being one-sided where one person is doing most of the work if not all of it. Best of luck!

You do need to create strategies for your family life. Watch Supernanny on t.v.! Create schedules and try to stick to them. You do need to share the chores, of course. You mention "kids", so if there are older ones they can do some. Don't just let this go until you are all exhausted and ratty with each other - that is not good modelling for your children apart from anything else. You love each other, so try to do everything in a kind and loving way both of you. Good Luck!

I'd hit him upside the head with a cast iron frying pan

Normal parenting is allow the child to sleep as long as they need to unless there is a specific activity they need to go to.

Why aren't you doing an activity with your daughter so she gets tired instead of just vegging in front of the tv.

I would be annoyed. If you are at work and he is with the child it is his job to keep her on a schedule that she is used to.

This is a common problem. I wish you luck.

Why did you marry him?