Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 6 months ago

Why do people hate my friend who likes to be alone?

I have a friend who spends most of her time alone. She prefers to do that but still has a close knit relationship with a few people. I've noticed that when our group is around her people act more respectful to her. However, when she is by herself, she tells me people always want to start a fight with her. I find that really confusing. She believes they are hostile towards her when they see her alone. Why would it matter if we are around her vs. when we are not around her. She said she feels like she is in an abusive relationship with these people: when all the friends are around the abusers put on a positive front, but when we are gone, they show her their true evil colors. Why are they doing that to her? I think they are cowards for showing her that side of themselves when we aren't around. What do y'all think?

I don't think she's paranoid. I think that is what the abusive people want her closest friends to think. That is why they act different around her when she is by herself and around them. I believe her. She wouldn't make any of this stuff up.

• donnie

Well is this really the only reason? Also some people are dickheads and not worth her time anyways. Some people are like that and hate people over stupid stuff.

Chances are great that these are her beliefs rather than her reality. She's probably as she is owing to some kind of social paranoia in the first place and people like this often see demons where none exist.

Because he a lame

She may just have social anxiety, and thus paranoia. The 'hostility' may all be in her head.

Jealousy. Pure and Simple.