Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 6 months ago

How to fix chrome “your connection is not private”?

I’ve tried changing date and time and clearing history. I use Ethernet and just moved into a new apartment. It worked yesterday and even earlier today but now it says I’m connected to the internet but nothing is working and chrome keeps saying “your connection is not private. NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

• BigE

Most browsers display a little lock box to the right of the URL. Click it and you can drill down to see what website is expected and why it is not working. If this is all https sessions, I would suspect a network man in the middle, someone is proxying your connection.

• Dave

That error means the website you are trying to connect to does not have a valid SSL certificate. It has nothing to do with your Chrome or your PC, or how you connect to the internet..

Well, if you want a private connection then you need to plug it into your crotch. Duh.