Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 5 months ago

Do i have to take my bra off for a EKG?

can i refuse if the doctor says to take my bra off? what if i wear a wireless bra

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

You won't be embarrassed, because a nurse usually connects the leads and you will have a gown on before a doctor does anything. They are professionals..

• Sky
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Most likely not, but even if you do, so what? Leave your embarrassment and body shame at home because it has no place in a medical setting.

• Vortex
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I think the technician can place the electrodes without revealing the sexual wonder of your breasts.

• Maria
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

It's better to take it off. The EKG leads need to be placed at very specific locations. On women it is usually in the crease under the breasts. Some bra styles may interfere with proper placement.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

usually a nurse does it

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

And some nurses are male.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It depends on the bra, but usually. You may have to shift it around somewhat so they can place the leads appropriately. It sort of depends on what specific test they are doing.

You are always allowed to refuse to disrobe. However the doctor is also allowed to say, “Well, we can’t get access to the bits of you we need so I guess we won’t be doing this test today.”

• juliet
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I’ve done EKGs on patients in hospitals, and I believe some of them did have a bra on. Your technician might insist that you take it off, but if you express your discomfort/cultural values, I’m sure they can let it slide.

• Just Mopar
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Right...NO MEANS NO...And you can always ask for a FEMALE tech to do the test if it would make you feel more comfortable

• 5 months ago

no you don't have to remove your bra.

i highly doubt a doctor would ask

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

of course you can refuse

• 5 months ago

yes generally you take it off for them to stick the electrode things all over your chest,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.