Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 5 months ago

Should the same sort of restrictions and checks be applied to voting as there are to gun ownership?

They are both constitutional rights, they are both prone to crazy and mentally ill people doing it. They both can have disastrous results. Why isn't there a national discussion on federal "universal" background checks for voters?

Favorite Answer

Lets just start with requiring an ID check

• RICK

I can go to a gun show and by a weapon with no IDID so wehy do I need one to vote?
      And don't say I can't because I have

There IS a discussion. It's about voter ID cards. They're wanted by one party but not the vote fraudsters in the other party. I'll let you decide which is which.

A few crazy or mentally ill voters isn't disastrous. One person with a gun can kill many. One voter usually can't change the outcome of an election.

It is actually safer for a gun to be owned by a mentally ill person. They mentally healthy are more likely to commit murder than the mentally ill. If anything, we should have background checks to deny guns to the mentally healthy and let only the mentally ill have them.

• abdul

You sure come up with some strange opinions steve.

• Nancy

No. That's stupid. Why? Because a single voter cannot go out and kill tens of people in a shopping mall or a school or a concert or a dance club with a voter's registration card.

Well if the background check factored in intelligence and criminal history, most blacks would be excluded. Then they'd start killing people.

If that happens everyone and their dog could vote. Only voting wrong will result in many Americans being mowed down in our streets.