Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 5 months ago

The point of life is to spread as much as possible?

that's the point of all organisms/nature

and we're nature so our goal should be the same

I don't find it depressing I find it motivating. We should colonize the solar system and spread throughout the galaxy. Increase our population by learning new ways to harvest the earth and control the environment. until there are trillions of us and we fill all voids with life. convert all matter into either humans or our technology or our slave species

Agreed. I am doing my part already.

You?

• Enlightenment is the destiny of life which continues to ascend. It is when life ceases to be a mere product of its environment but everything exists for purpose and a purpose which was connected with choice and deliberate actions.

Yes we could be just spread but it is not the point. We have an appointment with destiny of purpose.

Rather than the word, "point", I would say, "tendency". "The point" is the purpose for which any given action is taken. I think a majority of the sexual intercourse that humanity engages in is not done with the purpose of spreading life in mind. Most sex is pointless, unless one regards the satifying of an urge as the point. Even when the point of engaging in sex is the creation of a baby, I don't think people are seeking that outcome for the purpose of colonizing the galaxy; more likely they love children, or want a family, or are trying to further their genetic line, or create an heir, or some such thing.

Dumbest **** I’ve ever heard

• Larry K.

....Pretty close....read my answer.

No, because that is such a circular argument it explains nothing. It's just saying "the point of life existing is so that life can exist".

• Firstly, one needs to define what a "point" is. Once they do they will realize that it the end or result of one's or the collective intentions. Yes, that is A POINT of life, but life also has other points, individually and collectively.

• Dejair

There is the force of contraction also ...

• That situates meaning in a non-personal agent. So you are wrong.

That's not necessarily the POINT but no species can achieve what ever point there might be without continuing to exist. However the historical anthropological and archaeological records show that over-population can easily lead to extinction. Until we can actually leave our little planet over-population is a very grave concern.

Yes it is.............,.