Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

True or false? Only men can be sexist/rapists?

I say true. This is coming from a man btw.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Homosexual People Are Better than Men and Women ;)

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Anyone can be a rapist.

• 6 months ago

this statement is false

• 6 months ago

Yes women can be rapists too

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes women can be rapists too

• ...Show all comments
    • John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Only if you consider "rape" to be the unwanted insertion of any object (maybe a dildo) into the vagina or anus can women ever be rapists. Most definitions of rape involve a male inserting his erect penis into the vagina or anus.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, women can force people to have sex with them without their consent. It’s harder to *prosecute* those cases but it’s certainly not impossible for the action to happen.

And tons of women are sexist. Women have acted as some of the most effective enforcers ofsexism throughout history.

• 6 months ago

Anyone can be sexist, atlhough people throw that term around in ways that make it almost meaningless. Someone saying "Typical female!" or "typical male!" does not necessarily make them sexist. Sexism, like racism, is a pattern of stereotyping and discriminating against people based on a physical attribute.

The others are right that there are cases of women raping men, but those are VERY rare. Women are less likely to be as forceful about sex, and it's clearly harder. So the two shouldn't be equated. Most women in the US walk around very aware of the dangers of being raped pretty much all the time- they don't want to walk out to cars in a dark parking lot, they don't leave their drinks where someone can put a drug into them, they're careful about making sure no one is following them driving home, etc. These are precautions that men mostly don't think of- because they are not expecting some random woman to grab them and force them to have sex at any time. I don't think men have any understanding of the constant, background fear that women carry with them, or the limitations on their lives. I remember being in Japan, where physical violence is very rare, and feeling like an actual weight had been lifted from me. I could walk anywhere I wanted, any time of day, without that constant fear.

• bubba
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

False , this is coming from a man who works in a female dominated profession

• 6 months ago

False. Although exceptions and few, women have been convicted of rape. And studies, although varied, indicate statistically significant cases where the male was forced to penetrate against his will.

"A 2010–2012 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that one in 17 men (5.9%) reported being made to penetrate at some point in their lives[8] (up from 4.8% in 2010).[9] " [Wiki]

It is a myth that men are "always ready" for sex. And when they are not ready, but forced to penetrate, that's rape.

• Gypsyfish
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Most of that is by other men, though.

• 6 months ago

False, sexism is a gender neutral term.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.