Alex asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 6 months ago

What is the purpose of the bathroom vent?

My friend told me that it is for getting rid of smells and odor and that you should not turn it on during/after shower because mold will build up.

Is that true? I knew it helped with smells but I thought it was designed for taking out the steam and moisture...... idk

to vent water vapor so the place does not get green n black mold, & bacteria dry out

• Anna E

The exhaust fan is meant to remove foul odors and to remove moisture to prevent mold.

To remove condensation. By removing wet air from the bathroom it pulls drier air into the bathroom from the rest of the house.

" that you should not turn it on during/after shower because mold will build up. " Your friend has it as wrong as it's possible to be. Mold builcs up more if you don't use the vent.

• Toruko

Relic collection repository. I found $30+ in a police station lavatory floor vent.

Maybe it was the coin flips to decide justice decisions. That a higher authority

suddenly made moot. Angels go do bathroom floor vents, correct ?

Your friend ( and I loosely use the term ) is screwing with you. The vent does not know the difference between odors, perfumes, or moisture laden air(steam)

it is mainly there for removing the moist air after you shower--if you don't use it-and leave all the moisture in there, mold will grow like crazy--so use the exhaust fan.

Your friend is wrong. It is an exhaust fan used to remove odors and water vapor when showering or taking a bath. NOT using it will cause mold and mildew to form in the bathroom and will also fog up the mirror.

It works for both.

To withdraw steam created by the water from the shower. Use it.