Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

Toyota Yaris. Need all brakes pads and discs replaced. How much are we looking at?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

$50 and 1 1/2 hour DIY or $250-$300 at a shop.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

My guess is you are UK as you say discs not rotors. Carparts4less will give prices if you key in your reg. no. Haynes manual will tell you how to fit them. Or ask your local Halfords Auto Centre (not the shop) for a labour only quotation.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Would ask a few mechanic shops in your neighborhood. Doubtful ALL BRAKES AND DISCS need doing. When the mechanic looks at them he can tell what needs replacing and what needs resurfacing.(which is machining of the original rotor) In all cars, every make every year it is the front brakes that wear out first. It is the front rotors that get damaged first if you were ignoring the squealing the brakes were making before they did SEVERE DAMAGE (rotor damage) The "squealers" are in all brake shoes to let you know it is near time to change the brake pads. Like this week.

. In my car it mattered...brake pads were $60 to do both wheels. Brake rotor was $160 each. [So you never went down to the grinding noise of steel gouging out steel] Changing pads is so much cheaper.

Go to more than one shop for an estimate. Because you say all, they will charge for all as that is how they priced it out. But if you only need the front done....some shops will still charge you for ALL because you are ready to pay them that. That is WHY YOU LET THEM LOOK AND TELL YOU what is needed...and quote a price.

. If you do not get at least 3 different quotes from 3 different shops, you are not trying. My rich friend goes to 5 places...then decides holding the written quotes in their hand. Check and compare the work done the parts to be replaced, etc. The one that quoted extremely high is out and the one the quoted really low is out(#ucking idiot) Brakes are important if you want to live another day.

Yes, I even check dealer pricing. That should be the highest(but not always is that true)

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

About $21,000.

Buy another car . Yar Pisses Suck.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

150 dollars if you can do the work yourself.

Its not hard, just jack up the car. Take the tire off of the side you want to work on. Take off the brake caliper. Use a zip tie to fasten it to the shock so it doesnt fall on the ground and rip the brake line. Then remove the cap off of the brake resovoir. Then use a C clamp to push the brake piston all the way back. Then install the new brake pads either onto the caliper or on the rotor itself. Put the caliper back on and then the tire back on and just repeat with all pads and rotors.

Oh and by the way dont forget to put the cap back on the brake resevoir when you are done.

tools needed: socket wrench and sockets (make sure you have both a metric and an sae set). a C clamp that u can use to push the brake calipers back, a car jack, a car jack stand, and blocks for the back or front wheels.

Source(s): nothing
    • ...Show all comments
    • The Devil
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Rotors are about $25 each and pads are about $30 for the front wheels. The Yaris has drums on the rear, like the Corolla. I've done several brake jobs on Toyotas. Toyotas are all metric, except wheel lugs, not SAE

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'd do this in my driveway for you using top quality parts for $250, a shop would likely charge $400 for the same work, and you could do it yourself with the same parts if you had the skill for about $180.

• bo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

by calling a few shops in your area you'll be able to find out

• 6 months ago

Yes, I do know what you mean.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

We aren't looking at anything. You are looking at whatever the shop local to you will charge

• 6 months ago

10 different shops will give you 10 different prices. Avoid dealers, as they will charge twice as much as the local repair shop. Usually, the front brakes wear out long before the rears, so make sure you're not being charged for all 4 corners when only the front brakes are worn out.

• The Devil
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Toyota charges $99 for a set of pads. Kragen will sell you a premium set for less than $40.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.