don
Lv 5
don asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 6 months ago

Are you old enough to remember when CBS ABC etc had actual journalists instead of pre programmed puppets who spew what they are fed ?

and get their "news" from twitter ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • don
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Yes,before rabid liberalism and CNN spreading made up fake news....The good old days.

• 6 months ago

Yes I am. I remember Walter Cronkite for example. He was a far left liberal. Yet every night he reported the NEWS. Only the news. He told you what was going on and let you decide what you believed. He slipped up a few times and let his left wing peek out. But we all make mistakes.

Today all those leftist don't tell you the facts. They tell you what they want you to hear. For 2 years we heard them rant and rave about how Trump was working with Russia to steal the election. They told us over and over that they had hard facts that proved it. They never told us those facts. Just kept claiming they had them and we should take their word for it.

And now they don't understand why they are cratering in the ratings. Now they are telling Trump is a racist. And they got hard facts to prove it. You don't need to hear those facts. Just take our word for it. I'm sure it will work out good for them THIS time.

• 6 months ago

I do remember, but it has been a long time.

Of course, complete impartiality is almost impossible. but they were a lot closer.

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Yes, I am. I remember them actually being objective, reporting the facts not their opinions - and letting people draw their own conclusions. It was much more fair and balanced. Now it's a 24/7 free for all - propaganda machine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

The state of news reporting in the USA has deteriorated to a rag publication.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

the news has always been scripted, just not as blatantly as it is today. there was a time when the deep state would hide in the shadows and pull our strings from behind the curtain. now the deep state works out in the open and no longer cares that we see them. the deep state hands out scripts to the mainstream news outlets at 4:00 am each morning defining their headlines for the day. you can switch channels and see the same ridiculous fake news stories being repeated by each news organization. today's american news media spews out worse propaganda than tass or pravda ever did during the old soviet union days. the news has become a joke. you need to get the truth from the independent internet sites.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

the closest thing to a journalist that Fox has is Chris Wallace - sometimes Shepard Smith has some integrity.

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

chris wallace is at least fair. shepard smith is nothing but a left-wing shill. i never take anything he says seriously.

• Mandy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You mean like FOX News? You are not even close to being able to be taken seriously with this question.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

... the former dnc chairwoman who snuck hillary the debate questions in advance so she could prepare her answers against bernie sanders.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.