Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Is he just a gentleman/ nice guy?

He is a guy in my school ( a year ahead of me) and we met previously at a party and we chatted for a bit. Now when’re he sees me at school he always says hi and he tried to talk to me once about school. Yesterday, I was at the library reading and when I looked up I noticed he was looking at me, so he waved and smiled. Is he trying to be friend or is he interested?

Favorite Answer

It sounds like he's interested in you. Why don't you make yourself available to him for a little chit chat?

• Janet

He's not chasing after you, so you didn't inspire his passion or interest. And you won't, because these things happen for a guy the minute they first SEE the girl.

If he's not chasing after you, he's not interested.

If he is dating you but blows hot and cold, then he's not afraid to lose you to some other guy, so you don't mean much.

If he has been dating you steadily for at least 6 months, he is STARTING to LIKE you.

If he asks you to marry him, then he LOVES you. Note that asking you to move in does not necessarily mean he loves you. And that falling "in love" with you before at least a year of dating means he is in love with being "in love" but NOT with YOU.

You need to know that while the infatuation phase is indeed very exciting and heady .. it is just a phase. And that the stronger it is, the worse the relationship will be once that phase has died out ... and if the only thing the person liked WAS the infatuation excitement (mistaking it as "love"), then when that dies out so does their interest.

We NEVER end up happier long-term with someone, than we were happy before we had someone in our life. And the more we reach for love to "fix" us and our life, the more unhappy we will become once the infatuation has died out.

So please stop being so desperate for someone to "fix" your life for you. That is not how it works.

Well he wouldn't bother talking to you if he wasn't interested or didn't like you. If you don't mind him and don't mind talking with him then answer him and say hi back. There's no harm in that and it makes you a nice person.

• R2D4

yes.........................................

The Gentleman Troll strikes again.

Maybe he’s trying to get to know you better to see if he can potentially be interested. If he didn’t care about you he wouldn’t bother to even say hello.

Only he knows the answer to the question. Maybe he isn't sure himself. Relationships should start as friendship anyway. If you like him or even like him as a friend, do more than smile next time OR even initiate the wave or go up to him and say hello.

• Alan H

Smile very sweetly when you meet him

Await his response