Why is J.K. Rowling the richest and most successful story writer in the history of the world?

What are the reasons behind the success of Harry Potter?

Why is J.K. Rowling richer and more successful than J.R.R. Tolkien, Frederick Forsythe and Jefferey Archer?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Cousin
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because I literally floated through her apartment wall and inspired her by showing her that it is real.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

in my opinion, her harry potter is overrated..

nO oFfEnCe

• ...Show all comments
    • Assuming that it's overrated she has still managed to con a substantial adult audience into buying this product. Selling a lucrative overrated product to make a huge amount of money.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Her way of writing books is unique

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Anonymous, in case you're wondering why all the thumbs down, it's because you're mis-using the word 'unique'. It has a very specific meaning, and is not a synonym for 'unusual'.

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because infantile adults went mad over a kids book, then there were the films and the merchandising.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

doubt she is most successful - I bet more people in the World have read Tolstoy than her - and got more out of it.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

This question does not compute.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It depends on how you measure success she has had many songs written about her work but the many more of the songs written about JRR Tolkien's works have been played on the radio. We will see if people are still reading Harry Potter in 80 years

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

She made a fortune off the Harry Potter movies

• 5 months ago

She knows how to steal other author's work and profit from them. Like Harry Potter is basically "The Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula Le Guin.

• ...Show all comments
    • bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Much as I admire Le Guin - and admit freely that her work is superior to Rowling's in every way - I really see nothing about the Earthsea books that would require JKR to acknowledge a debt. Young boys at wizard school are ten a penny.

• 5 months ago

nope, that would be Trump!!!!!!!

#Trump2020

#KAG

• SRB101
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Well, you're not wrong. He co-wrote his books with the help of others but, none-the-less, he DID write.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.