POLLS: Do you prefer working Mornings, Evenings or Nights?

Not sure about your workplace how the hours work or if they offer but for us its

0700-1500 Morning

1500-2300 Evening

2300-0700 Night

At some points I liked Evening cause I didn't have to wake up so early. The only thing I didn't like was that it felt depressing cause no one was around and when you were done work there was nothing to look forward to except to sleep.

Mornings i'M Doing now and its fine i JUST HATE waking up early. But I get the rest of the evening to myself and stores are still open friends are not busy there is still day light.

Favorite Answer

I have worked every shift there is.

I worked second shift (1300 to midnight) for five and a half years. I agree with you that it was nice sleeping in until I just naturally woke up, but sucked not being able to do anything after work.

Third shift (2300-0700) is the bomb IMHO. You can choose to sleep-in, or get up early and take care of business. You can stay up after work and take care of business or you can sleep. I like the choices.

I am now working 4 - 10s. Mon - Thu, (0600 to 1630) off on Fri, Sat, and Sun. It is pretty good too.

My "workplace" tends to be an airport/airplane and while I'm more of a morning person I have the kind of job where they don't care many hours I work as long as I turn in the product on time.

• RICK

When I was young I liked the night shift because if I had a choice of going home to bed,taking care of business, or relaxing

During the summer I'd leave work at 7:30am pick up a six pack and hit the beach