what would happen if I ingested 5 grams sodium azide?
- Dr WLv 76 months ago
Welcome back... "Death troll".
Given that you keep asking these "what happens if I ingest ___ chemicals" questions, I can't help but think you're the same loser that spent their days asking
.. "what happens if I shoot myself in the head with a shotgun"
.. "what happens if I pour acid down my pants"
.. "what happens if I swallow a bottle of mercury"
.. "what happens if I stab myself in the eye with a pencil"
nonsensical questions.. FOR THE PAST DECADE.
Ladies and gentlemen... the DT is back. Rather than waste your time responding to his/her BS, please encourage the RB to seek mental help.
decode my acronyms however you wish.
- pisgahchemistLv 76 months ago
You can eat anything ..... once.
You would graduate from being a windbag to an airbag. Hoping your name isn't Takata, then you would be recalled.
- lenpol7Lv 76 months ago
- billrussell42Lv 76 months ago
you would die.
Sodium azide has caused deaths for decades. It is a severe poison. It possesses the NFPA 704's highest rating of 4 (says 3 on the current msds) on the heath scale. It may be fatal in contact with skin or if swallowed. Even minute amounts can cause symptoms. The toxicity of this compound is comparable to that of soluble alkali cyanides. No toxicity has been reported from spent airbags.
It produces extrapyramidal symptoms with necrosis of the cerebral cortex, cerebellum, and basal ganglia. Toxicity may also include hypotension, blindness and hepatic necrosis.
Ingestion of several grams can cause death within 1–2 hours.
Ingestion of 700 mg resulted in myocardial failure after 72 hours. Ingestion of 150 mg produced shortness of breath, tachycardia, restlessness, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea within 15 minutes.