How do you feel about slavery reparations?

132 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

How could anyone determine the true identity of all such slaves and even more, the identity of their descendants?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Im black and ppl dont own me anything for somethin that happened ages ago. Im not gonna blame white ppl today for things that happened 200years ago. But im still not gonna takr crap if one decides to be racist ill be racist right back loll

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I think the word ' reparations ' is an incorrect term. Reparations are paid to the victim by the perpetrator by order of a judge. There are no living ex-slaves and no living slave owners. What people are looking for would be compensation.

• ...Show all comments
    • Joseph
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

BTW Freed black people owned slaves as well as native Americans, compound that confusion with the fact that many African Americans descendants of slave owners but most white Americans are not. So called reparations are impossible.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Did you bother to do a search for opinions on this question since it has been asked and answered dozens of times already?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

IF THE DEMOCRATS GIVE MONEY OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS TO THE BLACKS, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT BUT NOT OUT OF MY POCKETS

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just some ignorant people looking for something for nothing.

• 6 months ago

Anyone holding slaves since 1864 should pay reparations to anyone they held as a slave after 1864. Other than that, as others have stated, why should I pay for something neither me nor any of my ancestors participated in? That makes as much sense as making taxpayers pay welfare to the parasites who aren't smart enough to prevent a pregnancy.

• Nick
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Waste of money and time. I will not pay a cent for something I had no part in.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I have an ancestor who fought for the Union to free the slaves.

Why should I pay anything.

• 6 months ago

I am in favor of paying a generous sum to any African American who will renounce US citizenship and 'return' to west Africa permanently, and promise never to return to the USA. And we could also pay for a one way plane ticket to west Africa. That would be a fair exchange. And we could include a deep apology for bringing their ancestors to the USA in the first place. Let's correct the injustice 100%, all the way, back to Africa, that is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.