beth asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Eating out on a diet...?

Today I’m off out for a meal, I’ve been doing so good with my eating and exercise recently, and I’ve lost 2lb this last week, which is good for me as I struggle to lose I’m a 5 foot 4 female who’s 9 stone 2 (25 years old), but I have a holiday coming up in less than 2 weeks, and I’m trying to lose my last 2lb, to get down to 9 stone. I currently calorie count.

I’m off out today with family for a meal so trying to be on my best behaviour there are no nutritional information on the site as it’s a pub grub place. However, I was looking at the menu and thought about either having a 8 oz sirloin with peas mushrooms and side salad, or a steak sizzler with a side salad, or they do kangaroo steak with a side salad. However I am unsure on what sounds the best option, I’ve tried to go for more meat (as the protein) no sauces, grilled options...

I’m just struggling with my choices as I don’t want to go off track...

• Julien

For a "cheat day" it can be a good idea to avoid excesses of fat and not to fear carbs too much.

It's probably a bit late for you now, but if you can eat "keto-style" one or two days before, then your glycogen stocks will be empty and they will easily absorb the calorie excess of your cheat day, if a large enough part of the said excess comes from carbs. And then the day after, if you want you can just have an intense workout to get rid of this glycogen once again.

Kangaroo is extremely lean so I'd go for that but ask for any salad dressing on the side. The mushrooms are likely fried in lots of butter so best avoided. You aren't going to balloon though if you have one meal out.

Source(s): I've lost 3st 10 so far this year.

Well...

first, realize that a diet isn't "broken" if ***once in awhile*** you "go off" it.

It's great that you're trying to stick to it

and you SHOULD try to stick to it as closely as you can

and in that vein, all of the options you have mentioned are good options.

Of course, the best option would be to stick to just a salad (maybe: a salad that includes meat, if your diet requires animal protein).

But as long as you are serious about your diet and stay on it at every opportunity

it's okay to fall off it slightly when you do NOT have the opportunity to stay completely on it.

Keep up the good work!