Do you think Nintendo would let me trade in my switch for the new one?

I **** you not I bought the thing the week before July 17th. If it makes my case any better, the joycon started drifting 2-3 weeks into me having it. Has anyone who’s in my situation called or asked nintendo to see if they’d let it slide?

Ps4 has the same problem. Their dualshock controllers always seem to have stuck drift. I honestly think they could be doing this on purpose to make us keep buying more per controllers

I know they've been honoring replacements of the joycons for the drifting issue even outside of the first year, but they probably won't swap out the whole system outside of the deadline.

That said, even if they did, you still have to pay all the shipping costs yourself.

If there is hardware issues you could likely return it to the store with Warranty, and get a replacement.